Monday, October 25, 2010

More Godly Women

I have a rare quiet few moments in my home and I'm taking advantage of it! I am going to continue on my quest to honor the Godly women in my life. Read through the descriptions of my Inspirational Influences and see if you have these women in your life.

Inspirational Influence #4 - The One With Wisdom
This is actually a description of two precious women in my life. I have two that I call immediately when I'm seeking Godly counsel on any matter. I think it's important to have women in your life that are of all different age groups. But it's crucial to have older women as a regular part of your life who have been there, done that and can help you figure out how to do something - or how not to do something. Wisdom can be attained at a very young age, but there is no substitution for age and life experience. These precious women also tell me, every single time, what I need to hear - whether I want to hear it or not. That's the measure of Godly wise counsel. If you are seeking counsel from those who will "tickle your ears" as Paul said, you are seeking the absolute wrong counsel. I pray every woman has at least one example of this in her life.

Inspirational Influence #5 - The One Who Perseveres
This incredible woman has been through some particularly tough times, yet is completely steadfast and incredibly encouraging. No matter what God allows in her life to refine her, she hangs on to Him and draws strength from Him alone and perseveres. He is her Rock, her Strong Tower and her Shelter. She just trusts Him, no matter what - and no matter how hard it is. If I can have even an ounce of her resolve and dedication, I will consider myself blessed.

Inspirational Influence #6 - The One Who Laughs
Being the 'class clown' that I am, this could easily describe me - but I have a friend who is just fun, no matter what. I believe with all my heart that if God created us in His image as He said He did, then He has a sense of humor and, as a result, gave us one. How on earth can we face some of the things we must face without a sense of humor? This friend is someone who I always receive a smile and fun moment from. She's got an incredible perspective on this crazy world we live in, and she embraces life with an outlook that few others possess. I am simply happy when I'm with her and I'm thankful she's my friend.

My quiet moment has come to an abrupt, brutal end, so I must go be mommy to my incredible boys. I hope reading this has blessed you and made you ponder the incredible women God has put in your life. And if you're in a season of your life where you feel like you don't have these examples, but need them, take it to the Lord, sweet one. Ask Him to give you these relationships and to give you the courage to cultivate them. He is faithful and He designed us to need relationship with others. He will provide if you simply ask.


1 comment:

  1. What a neat post! A good reminder for all of us women. And I think it's great that you rely on some "older women". I think so many young women today think they have all the answers or that they can get them from others their age. Yet God tells the "older women to teach the younger women..." Older women certainly don't have all the answers, & may not give the advice that someone wants to hear, but there is something about life experience that gives more perspective.
    And I agree that God certainly has a sense of humor (just look at some of the things He allows...) Sometimes I want to tell others to let their faces
    know that they have joy in their hearts! Good post!!

    ReplyDelete