Sunday, February 1, 2009

Birthdays and new beginnings

Yesterday we held Brady's 7th birthday party.  Of course, being the momma, I remember the day he was born like yesterday.  He was SO precious and a really great baby.  Frankly, he's been a really great kid.  He is very compliant and gives me very little reason to be puzzled or frustrated.  He makes me laugh every single day and he's got a great personalitly.  I am thankful every day for a blessing like him.  

This got me thinking.  In a couple months we will be holding Jackson's 1st birthday party.  My first year with him has not been the wonderful experience full of sweet memories that Brady's was.  Jackson is a very puzzling, rather difficult and needy baby.  But THANK GOD he's got a smile that will melt your heart and he's just so darn cute.  I have felt most of the year that I didn't know what I was getting in to by having a second child and I should have stuck with my gut feeling not to.

But God is faithful.  I was obedient to Him alone when I told Him that I would be Ok with it if He gave me another child.  God reminded me that He didn't need my permission - He's God.  But it really helps matters if we are obedient to Him.  It makes our lives so much smoother.  God has reminded me this week that children are a treasure and every single life on this earth matters to Him because He created it.  I love my sons.  They are so unique and so rewarding individually.  And it's just makes a mom's heart leap to see Brady play with Jackson and care for him so tenderly.  God is good - all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment