Friday, February 13, 2009

What a puzzle!

I find myself today wondering what ever happened to my sleep?  Yesterday, Jackson had ear tubes inserted.  While this a very minor surgery compared to some others my friends' children have had to face, it was a big deal to me because it was my kid.  We've not had a full night's rest since Jackson came into our world and turned it upside down 91/2 months ago.  The ONLY way I make it through a day is God's supernatural strength and energy.  We are promised incredibly improved sleep due to the fact that the fluid should be off his ears now.  Last night we woke up 4 times with him.  

I'm not sure why God has sent me this complete puzzle of a child, except that it keeps me seeking Him for answers.  I'm constantly asking God for wisdom and understanding concerning this little one.  He completely baffles me most days and more often than not, I'm just tired of the effort it takes to "figure him out."  Yet when he smiles, it lights up my world.  I'm wondering if this is how I make my Father in Heaven feel.  I frustrate Him more than any other child He has.   I am undoubtedly in His "high maintenance" file.  Yet, when I am happy, He delights over me.  He delights over me regardless of my mood or obedience.  Simply because I'm His.  How incredible.  How humbling.  How awesome is my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment