Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The "Little" Things

Again, a short one today.  I am thankful today for answered prayers.  I am thankful for my incredible children and husband.  I am thankful that God puts us in exactly the church He needs and wants us to do exactly the work He's called us to do.  

Sometimes, I just have to remind myself what God IS doing in my life rather than focus on all the areas of uncertainty and frustration.  A good friend reminded me of this on Facebook this morning.  She may not even know the part she played in my re-focus, but if you're reading, you know who you are and thank you!  God is so good . . . all the time.  He's faithful to give us encouragement just when we need it, exactly from the place it needs to come.  I am in awe at how, just when I need an answer or someone who understands, someone comes along and just blesses my socks off or a portion of Scripture virtually LEAPS off the page at me.  And then I remember, God isn't surprised by what we're facing.  He knew it before the foundation of the Earth and He planned for either a way out or grace to go through it!  

Thank you Father, for your unfailing, ever-present love for me.  You love me even more than I love my own children and my mind can't even comprehend a love that deep.  Thank you for reminding me whose I am and giving me assurance that you have a detailed, magnificent plan for the extraordinary gift you've placed on my life.  Even if I haven't realized the unique talent or gift yet!!  In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!

He is worthy, friends.  Praise, honor and glorify Him alone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment