Sunday, April 26, 2009

Makes me wanna shout! Hallelujah, Thank You Jesus!

Today is Sunday.  The Lord's Day.  These days I find I cherish my Lord's Day more and more.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older, or because I've known the Lord longer or because I'm going deeper with Him every day.  A combination of them all, I'm sure.  What a precious gift God has given us to corporately worship Him.  And how thankful I am to have been born in a country where we have the freedom to do so.  

I find myself being more and more open in my worship as time goes on.  Those of you who know me know I am a vocalist.  But true worship is so much more than music.  And freedom to express that worship is a privilege and a joy!  Worship takes place anytime we honor and bless the Lord.  For me, that includes raising my children, keeping my home, supporting and encouraging my husband, praying with a friend, studying God's Word, and, yes, music.  I've heard Beth Moore say before that if we really GOT what God has done for us, we couldn't help but express our joy!  And I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.  

Think about it dear one!  He met you right where you were.  He sent His only Son to die and suffer shame and hatred so your sins could be forgiven.  He KEEPS you by the same power that raised His Son.  He pursues you every day because He is jealous for a deep relationship with YOU.  The words to one of my very favorite songs continually play in my mind.  Notice the acts God has done for us . . .

When I think about the Lord
How He saved me
How He raised me
How he filled me with the Holy Ghost
How he healed me to the uttermost

When I think about the Lord
How He picked me up
And turned me around 
How he placed my feet
On solid ground . . .

Now read the REST of the song for the only response we can have after a work like that!

. . .  Makes me wanna shout!
Hallelujah!
Thank you Jesus!
Lord you're worthy!
Of all the glory!
And all the honor! 
And all the praise!

How can you not wanna shout?? How about leap?  Run? Dare I say, DANCE with some holy joy!  Look what He did.  Look what He's doing.  Look what He'll do.  Go ahead and shout a little, I'll wait . . .  

If the words to that song don't do it for you, why don't you spend a little time in the Psalms?  Psalm 40 is one of my personal favorites.  "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." (v. 2).  Or how about Psalm 34 "I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.  My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.  Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together." (v. 1-3)  Exalt His name with me, saints!  He is worthy!!  If this doesn't make you wanna shout Hallelujah, thank you Jesus, you'd better check your pulse!  You might need to visit your Healer!

No comments:

Post a Comment