Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Power Source

This'll be a short one today.  I have the wee one in the pack 'n play and he won't tolerate it too much longer.  I took a few precious moments of semi-silence to do some laundry and I wanted to check in here, too.  

I've picked up my journal again lately and wow, can I say God is so faithful!!  I don't know why I have such a hard time remembering to journal.  It's such a great way to see what God is doing in my life and watch prayers get answered right before my very eyes.  Since I started again last week (I think Wednesday or Thursday), I have seen at least 5 specific prayers answered.  How cool it is to see God work.  And now I have records of it, so that later, when I'm having a moment where I feel like my prayers aren't even going as high as my ceiling, I can turn back and remember and KNOW that God loves me, He's listening, and He will answer my prayer - in His time.   That's the hard part, isn't it?  In God's time.  We mere humans have difficulty turning it over to God in the first place, much less actually waiting for Him to answer.  Or worse yet, accepting His answer no matter what.  

So my challenge for you (and me) today is to "be still and know" that He is God.  The same God who raised His own son from the dead for your sins and mine is using that same power to work in and through your life.  I'll give you a minute to think about that . . . . . . Do you get it?!  The power He used to raise His son from the dead is the same power He uses to change us daily!!  Hallelujah, dear one!  That's power!  Who says He can't change your attitude, work miracles in your life, save that person you've been praying about for 15 years,  give you a baby, pay your bills, hold you when you're hurting, put you back together when you're broken or just simply LISTEN to you, then ANSWER!!  Praise His name today, believer - He's worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment