Wednesday, April 22, 2009

God Speaking

I'm on a mission to learn about God's plan for some very specific situations in my life.  I'm wondering how you discern God's voice in your life.  What tools do you use to be absolutely certain He has spoken to you about a specific situation.  I know there are many others who would love some practical life application tools to help them know that what they're hearing is indeed God's voice.  Please comment.  How do you seek His voice on specific matters?  Are you a still listener (meditating on His Word quietly)?  Do you ask for a specific Scripture for confirmation?  Do you keep a journal, then go back and read how He's spoken to you through your own thoughts?  Prayer walks?  What is your familiar way to seek God's voice?

Please leave your comment.  I'm just so thrilled to see how God speaks in the lives of fellow saints.

2 comments:

  1. When I need an answer to a situation I pray for as many days it takes me to hear his voice. Sometimes the answer will just pop into my head and I know that this is how some people take credit for God's work. thinking it's their own Idea.
    Then If I'm really down and out I open up my Bible to Psalms, or repeat My life verse Phil 4:13 simple but true for me!!
    If I want his word to JUMP OUT at me, I just open my Bible to anywhere and start reading.
    so what do You think???
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been through an intense learning journey over the last 10 years of my life and I anticipate and expect that the next 10 years will be just that a new learning journey.

    I just keep telling myself:

    God will NEVER leave me

    I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me

    I pray for peace – if I’m struggling with something I can’t find rest/peace…but that night that I sleep all night long in such peace I know God has spoken to my heart.

    Sarah Taylor

    ReplyDelete